Monday, December 29, 2014

365 in 2014

For once, the Pohutakawa trees (the Kiwi Christmas tree) are blooming with
perfect timing

We've had a quite a few days lately that have been really warm AND sunny
AND not windy - a miracle for Wellington. I took a long bike ride home
from work via Oriental Bay and there were heaps of people at the beach, some
even swimming - also a bit of a miracle in Wellington

For our team Christmas 'party', we went to Social Cooking.
It was a lot of fun. We made some stuffed chicken breasts with
kumara galette, a tomato salad and beans. This was my team's effort.
Looked great and tasted even better, if I do say so myself

Just to break up the Christmas photos, here's a couch, standing
majestically on a grassy knoll. I love Newtown

The Christmas tree at the boy's parents' place. Complete with
a working train that goes around the tree. Amazing

I made some Christmas gingerbread cookies

And also my favourite Christmas treat - Candy Cane Chocolate Bark courtesy of
Hungry and Frozen. So quick and easy - plus it would make great gifts. I took some
of these treats to work but they were mostly just to have around the house
over Christmas for guests....and me

No comments:

Post a Comment