Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Highlights of Ontario and Quebec

Two free beers and a bottle opener at the Steamwhistle Brewery in Toronto

Trying to get the perfect photo of me at Niagara Falls

A Korean guy introducing himself to me because he´d just been to New Zealand and wanted to tell me how much he loved it there

When I was freezing after a day of walking all over Toronto, having the best hot chocolate at Soma in the Distillery District - with spices, orange, chili and ginger

Free wine and cheese at my hostel

Discussing Kiwi music with a friend of a friend over jugs of beer - strangers one minute, mates the next

Kensington Markets - best place for people watching, giant burritos and hippy murals

Catching up with an old roommate from Sydney who I hadn´t seen in 4 years, at a bar with mismatched chairs and fairy lights - my favourite kind of bar

Walking around Old Montreal....beautiful buildings, cobbled streets

Taking a break from walking round the city by reading books and warming up in Chapters

Walking to the top of Mont Royale for the view over the city

Enjoying a smoked meat sandwich at Schwartz´s and poutine at Frite Alors! on Rue St Laurent - food is a big part of travel for me

Going to a bar on my own and sitting next to a dude from Wellington at the bar

No pics this time as my internet time is limited.....because I´m in Peru! Well and truly on the road now.








No comments:

Post a Comment