Monday, January 21, 2013

Oh hey there, I've missed you!



Right, I'm just going to say it: I've left London and I’ve moved back in with my parents. Sounds a bit sad doesn’t it. But let me give you a little context – after more than 8 years of years of travelling and living all over the world, I’ve just made the move back to my hometown of Wellington, New Zealand. I won’t go into the whys of my return, but suffice to say it was a decision that took me a while to make, and one which was not made lightly. Whilst I am excited to be back, the process of settling back into life in Wellington is definitely going to be a journey of sorts in itself - but I pride myself in being someone who consistently challenges the status quo in my life and I'm always looking for something different - and this is definitely a big change. Since I have some time on my hands (read: I'm unemployed) I thought I’d revive the blog I wrote while travelling, and put a slightly different spin on it by writing about coming home. Many of my friends have and will take this journey themselves, and I thought it might be fun to track my way through the process. I’d be interested to hear your comments so let me know your thoughts. Here goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment